Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Leadership

This chapter made very logical and strategic points about leadership. I was not aware that a leader should recognized in so many different ways, to name some few, transformational,situational and leadership style. Everyone of those play coincide with each other. I thought about my strengths and weakness as a leader and which one best stands out for me and i couldn't pick one. I believe that the position i hold at work and the type of individual i am i display all of them. But i like how on page 286 how it talks about what a good leader is. The most important part of that piece says, " a good leader is not only a visionary, but leads by example. I believe in those large organizations their are large volumes of good leaders. I mean, Bill Gates and Donald Trump for an example both run multi billion dollar corporations and people like working for them. The key to success for an organization is communication and a successful leader.

1 comment:

  1. I think that leading by example is key to being a good leader. I think employees especially respect leaders who have worked their way to the top. It is important for employees to look at a leader and be able to relate to them. I also would agree that communication needs to be an integral part of any organization . Communication from an leader keeps employees focused on a common goal.For me, communication with my boss keeps me focused and also gives me important tips on how to be successful and work my way up.

    ReplyDelete